> it helps when problem reports include information that helps to debug the
> problem. We can't possibly guess what setup you are using. In this case which
> CGI version are you using? CGI 2.93 works just fine with mp1 and mp2.
>
> CGI.pm does 'require Apache' only if it detects no mod_perl 2, but mod_perl 1.

Stas,

I thought I had the latest version, but you helped to realize I didn't.
By mistake I downloaded and used version 2.753, thinking it was the
lastest one available, when actually it's from "March 2001".

The followin URL from CPAN confused me ("CGI.pm-2.753.tar.gz" appears
after "CGI.pm-2.93.tar.gz"):

http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/CGI/

Anyway, 2.753 didn't work, but 2.93 seems to work fine.

This is completely my fault, sorry for the trouble.

Regards, Henrique.