On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Lynette Tillner wrote:

> Hi, this is my first post.  I just installed a binary
> distribution for Win32 of Perl 5.8.0 and Apache 2.046 together
> with mod_per-1.99 ( by Randy Kobes, May 29, 2003).
>
> I installed it on a Windows 98 SE machine first.  The install
> seemed to work fine there were some errors when I was following
> the steps to build the .html files.  But the Apache server
> won't load.  I get the following error when I type apache at
> the d:\apache2\bin window dos prompt:
>
> d:\apache2\bin>apache [Fri Jun 20 08:57:22 2003] [error] Can't
> load 'D:/Perl/site/lib/auto/XML/LibXML/Common/Common.dll' for
> module XML::LibXML::Common: load_file:One of the library files
> needed to run this application cannot be found at
> d:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 229.
>  at D:/Perl/site/lib/XML/LibXML.pm line 11 Complilation failed
> in require at d:/Perl/site/lib/XML/LibXML.pm line 11. BEGIN
> failed--compilation aborted at D:/Perl/site/lib/XML/LibXML.pm
> line 11. Complilation failed in require at
> D:/Apache2/conf/startup.pl line 18. Complilation failed in
> require at (eval 1) line 1.
>
> [Fri Jun 20 08:57:22 2003] [error] Can't load Perl file:
> D:/Apache2/conf/startup.pl for server localhost:80. exiting...
>
> Can anyone please help me resolve this?  I haven't found
> anything on the web that addresses this error!  I need to get
> this working so that an offline demo can take place on Tuesday!
> Thanks for any help!

I think this is due to some lines in the sample startup.pl script
under D:/Apache2/conf/ supplied in the distribution that preload
some XML::* perl modules. If you don't need these modules, just
delete or comment out these lines. If you intend on using these
modules, then either copy libxml2.dll (found under D:/Perl/bin/)
to a place in your PATH environment variable that Apache
recognizes, or else add D:/Perl/bin/ to your PATH.

Hope this helps.

--
best regards,
randy kobes