On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 01:14:44PM -0400, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 13:04, petersm wrote:
> > When running under mod_perl the cookie is no
> > where to be seen.
>
> Do some debugging.  Look at the traffic going back and forth.  Test it
> with GET or lynx.  See if the cookie header is being sent.

To elaborate a little on this thread:

I find ethereal <http://www.ethereal.com/> useful for debugging
situations like this.  Certain browsers (that I won't name) behave in
quirky ways that GET or lynx won't emulate, so it's often worth
running ethereal in the background whilst using your site with various
browsers, then analysing TCP streams in ethereal to see exactly what's
happening.

Tom