You can use mod_perl properly and write your self a request handler - rather than using CGI scripts which handles the routing for you. I use this model exclusively on my servers...

Most of the scripts are converted to action modules, which are dynamically compiled by the handler (which acts as a router/controller)

It uses apreq2 (APR) rather than CGI

I think CGI::Application is (or at least was deprecated)

On 2017-04-06 11:05 AM, Tosh Cooey wrote:
Hi, after the recent discussion here about Perl application servers I realized that the architecture I designed is probably better suited to usage with an application server than mod_perl.

--
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.