On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 11:03:09PM +0000, Robert Rothenberg wrote:

> I'm sympathetic to the idea, but some of the information in DSLIP is
> useful and shouldn't be thrown away (such as how supported,
> alpha/beta/mature, and license). What isn't in META.yml should go there.

I'm much less interested in whether the author thinks the work is
mature, than what the users thinks.

We already have a mechanism to create version numbers that indicate a
developer release. For me, having a development/stable indicator
than an alpha/beta/mature label.

How many times have you found a module with a version less than '0.10'
that was actually stable mature?

On the other hand, sometimes 'mature' modules get overhauled, abandoned
or forked and aren't really 'stable'.

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/