Greetings.

"David Golden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Oleg, thanks for tackling such a tricky subject.  Would you consider
> patching Win32API::File instead of releasing a new module?  Or working
> with the current maintainer, demerphq, on improvements?  I think that
> would be a better approach.

I lean in favor of new module, because I think that it would have different
approach to task. Win32API::File is low-lever "here's your access to
internals, do what you want". It doesn't do any recoding or reformating
(well, almost) for both input and output to make it more Perl-like, it
doesn't handle Unicode or other argument errors and that's probably what it
is intended to do - if someone wants quick access to API and knows exactly
what he feeding there and what he gets back, Win32API::File is for him. I
intend to make my module just as easy to use as normal "copy" or "move"
functions from perlfunc. It will take care of checking arguments, croaking
when user passes bytes instead of strings or undefined handles and will do
other stuff people may not want from module that supposed to just give
access to API. Another reason is that Win32API::File is partially XS and I'm
not ready to mess with it just yet.

--
Oleg "Rowaa[SR13]" V. Volkov