# from Gabor Szabo
# on Wednesday 04 June 2008 01:50:

>- Each distro should have a META.yml and a license field in it for
> machines to check the license. (this one is probably not a legal
> requirement but it will help the various automated tools)

This (alone) might be legally sufficient, as it clearly indicates the
author's intent.  If it helps, I would happily upload a formal
statement of intent which officially refers to the license field in my
distributions' META.yml files.

Certainly, it wins the laziness criteria.  Should some additional
(redundant) information be deemed legally requisite, I would want to
have some way to automatically generate that from the META.yml field.

--Eric
--
software:  a hypothetical exercise which happens to compile.
    http://scratchcomputing.com