It would be swell if we could somehow note modules as being abandoned.

For example, I'm a maintainer of WWW::Yahoo::Groups, because nobody took it from Iain Truskett. It doesn't install correctly because it's out of date and it's scraping Yahoo. Someone needs to update it if it's ever going to work again, but that's not going to be me. I am currently getting RT mail when people submit bugs, but I just delete them. It would be good if I didn't get the mail, and if people knew that there was no point in submitting bug reports anyway.

This doesn't just apply to my case of having someone else's module. It makes sense for any module for which the maintainer no longer has any interest in keeping it up.

xoxo,
Andy

--
Andy Lester => a...@petdance.com => www.theworkinggeek.com => AIM:petdance