On Sat, Jul 02, 2011 at 10:24:33AM +0300, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 4:23 PM, David Cantrell <da...@cantrell.org.uk> wrote:

> > I went through a period of trying to make sure my code worked on
> > Windows, but I've given up.  Not because it's hard to do - it generally
> > isn't - but the complete lack of a reasonable set of tools* on Windows,
> > which just makes me angry whenever I have to touch the blasted thing,
> > made me stop.
>
> Indeed the issues I encountered were all quite simple:

> Thank you for you consideration of the other 80% of people who are
> still using Windows.

Gabor,

Dave is volunteering his code. That's such a nice way of you to treat
volunteers.

Would you prefer it that he didn't even upload it to CPAN?
Would you prefer it if he remove the important offer [*that you edited out*]
that he's happy to accept competent patches from anyone who makes his code
woke on Windows?

Because you're going the right way about it to get either of those two
results.

I appreciate what you want. I'd also want what you ultimately want.
But you're going the *wrong way* about getting it.

Nicholas Clark