I sent this to modu...@perl.org, but didn't get a response. So, I'm trying here.

My day job has me manually creating descriptors for USB devices more often than
I care to, so I've created a module for auto-generating said descriptors. The
resulting object tree can then be output as a structure suitable for compiling,
or assembling, into a device's firmware. Where in the namespace hierarchy
should I put these objects?

For the moment I'm using USB::Descriptor::Device, USB::Descriptor::Interface
and so on. Eventually I'll also have USB::HID::Descriptor::Device, etc. But, it
seems there is no USB namespace in CPAN. I see that packages that represent, or
interface with, specific devices live under Device::, and Device::USB in
particular. However, that doesn't seem like a proper home for a module that
deals with concepts at the specification level, as opposed to interacting with
a particular connected device. That, and Device::USB::Descriptor::Device seems
a little silly.

Suggestions? Thoughts? Any problems with me creating a top level USB namespace?