On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:23:03AM -0600, Andy Lester wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2010, at 11:20 AM, Jonathan Yu wrote:
>
> > Has anyone else got a message like this to their CPAN Developer e-mail
> > address? I'm curious if this is the beginning of a really bad trend
> > toward CPAN author spamming :/
>

> Yes. Maybe, but I doubt it.
>
> I'm praying that we can chalk it up to some guy in Malaysia sending us
> all mail, and this doesn't turn into a huge metadiscussion.

It didn't turn into a metadiscussion.

But it does seem that the *only* firm that is* spamming CPAN authors is
Betonmarkets, as they've done it *again*.

Life would be quieter if they kindly ceased trading.

(Because that seems a more reliable way for them to stop, than issuing
an apology then repeating the offence every 18 months)

Nicholas Clark

* or fails to stop agents acting on their behalf.