I’m sad to have to report that Raun "Spider" Boardman (SPIDB on CPAN) has
recently passed away, due to complications of COVID.

Spider released several distributions to CPAN, one of which (Net::Dnet) is
still there. It looks like he tidied up older things.

Spider originally worked at Digital, where his daughter told me he worked on
Unix (and presumably then Ultrix), and then stayed through acquisitions by
Compaq and then HP, where he had worked on security.

Looking at early Perl 5 releases, I found that he not only contributed bug
fixes to Perl itself, but was also contributing tweaks to hints files as well.

Neil