I am using mod_authn_dbd and mod_dbd to do authentication again a mysql database. Basically it works but after sometime I will get a internal server error. I checked the log this happens at apr_dbd_pvselect() line in mod_authn_dbd.c. So this looks like to me that apr_dbd_pvselect() is trying to re-use a connection that is closed by the mysql server side whose wait-timeout is set to 1200 seconds. my mod_dbd setting is this
DBDMin  1
DBDKeep 2
DBDMax  50
DBDExptime 60
My question is why the keepalive setting for 60sec doesnt work for me? How do I fix this without changing the timeout setting on the mysql server?

Thanks,
Daniel