With this memory leak in my simple Apache module, I am considering
rewriting the whole module.  Right now there are two files small files
that the module reads every time.  One is a small (less then a 1K)
configuration file and the other is a small (1K ~20K) xml file.  In
the rewrite, I am considering caching the data in these files and
reading them only if they are changed.  The question though is:
Considering how small these files are, will the performance gains be
worth the extra development time?  Another option would be to switch
from using libxml2 to expat for the XML parsing.

Oh, what type of load is the server under?  The server is driving a
kiosk system where there are normally a hand full of kiosk but there
could be as many as 100 under very heavy use.

Sam