Robert Schulze wrote:
Tom Donovan schrieb:

In a threaded mpm, the same r->server struct is used by multiple requests simultaneously. It isn't safe to change anything in it on the fly.

OK, thats a pity.

I now tried to set several other variables ("Host" in r->headers_in, r->hostname, etc.) but all those settings did not set the hostname of the virtualhost. You can see that by inspecting /server-status/ and have a look at accesslogs. There will always be the main servername used instead of anything crafted from the module.

In this way, this stuff is useless :-(
Does anybody know, how to set the hostname for the virtualhost correctly, so that other modules might gather the correct info from the request?

One more bad thing is, that one can't set the DocumentRoot without (once again) playing with the core configuration. Simply setting

    apr_table_set(r->subprocess_env, "DOCUMENT_ROOT","/foo/var");

is not enough, since that value will magically become overwritten by later work from apache :-(

BTW: I looked at mod_vhost_alias, mod_vhost_dbi, mod_vhost_ldap, mod_vhost-modules to get knowledge about how to write a module and so on, so please point me to them :-)

The magic all happens in the :

ap_hook_translate_name

hook.  That is the function to examine to see what it does.

--
Joseph Lewis <http://sharktooth.org/>