Thanks Nick,

I am writing a module that have similar proxy
functionality as mod_proxy_connect: proxying
traffic from client nodes to internal nodes
those speaking their unknown binary protocol.

The difference that I use the bucket/brigades
IO to be able to use the filter infrastructure.
Mainly because of mod_ssl, letting Apache doing
the SSL enc/decryption.

My main concern was whether there already is a module that
does this thing. But my research gave no useful results.
Proxy modules either work at socket level (connect) or
handle their own protocol only (like ajp).

Have you heard a module that would do similar things
what I described?

Thanks,

Tamas