----- Original Message -----
From: "Sorin Manolache" <sor...@gmail.com>
To: <modules-dev@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 6:40 AM
Subject: Re: Debuggin appears optimised but shouldn't be?

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 13:46, Juhani Connolly <juh...@ninja.co.jp> wrote:
I'm currently trying to iron out some bugs in a module I'm working and have spent a day trying to get a debug environment working properly for apache.

My ./configure for apache itself was the following:
OPTIM=-O0\ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache-dbg/
--enable-maintainer-mode --with-apr=/usr/local/ --with-apr-util=/usr/local/
--with-mpm=worker --enable-dbd --enable-so --enable-cgi

Your configuration seems ok.

Mine is
CFLAGS="-ggdb3 -O0 -fno-inline" ./configure and the rest...

and it works.

Sorin

Thanks for confirming my config. After clearing shop entirely and reinstalling everything it appears to have worked. It may be the problem was trying to build two different apaches(debug and performance testing) on the same server off the same apr/apr-util. If I wanted to do this I presume building separate apr/apr-utils for each installation of apache would be the way to go?