Jaysingh Samuel wrote:
Eric, Thanks for your reply, let me make my question clear.. I have one Custom module, which i want to reload every 10mins, when i give graceful then it reloads all the modules and also the config directives. Because of this i want to have an option in the httpd say "reloadcustom" which takes signal Sigusr2 and have to reload only the custom modules i have without reading the config Directives and should gracefully start the apache.
The only difference between the graceful and my reloadcustom should be that the
reloadcustom will have to reload only custom modules without reading the config
directives.
I tried to do this by directly calling the post_config on my custom_module in the worker.c after getting the reloadcustom signal but i see memory Leaks because of this, the following are the sample code.
Worker.cstatic void server_main_loop(int remaining_children_to_start){               int
child_slot;    apr_exit_why_e exitwhy;    int status, processed_status;    apr_proc_t pid;    int
i;                    while (!restart_pending && !shutdown_pending) {        /*
Parent process            childen to finish up and spawns new children.        */        if
(is_reload == 1) {            Here i called my custom_module post config function.            /*
wake up the children...time to die.*/           ap_mpm_pod_killpg(pod, ap_daemons_limit, TRUE);
      is_reload = 0;        }        ap_wait_or_timeout(&exitwhy, &status, &pid,
pconf);}
Please let me your suggestion on this. Thanks in advance, Jaysingh Samuel.

httpd does not support what you are trying to do. Maybe what you really want is a FastCGI style process that can manage it's lifecycle independent of apache ?

-srp