Joe Lewis wrote:
Fabio Zund wrote:
However, when I compile and test the module on the apache (also version 2.2.11) that comes with Ubuntu 9.04, all i get are segfaults.

Does anyone know differences between the original apache and the Ubuntu apache version? What in my module could cause such errors?

Unfortunately, I have never looked at the sources and patches used on ubuntu. I would suggest looking at the patches they include with their source installation. I think that would be a very good place to start. Additionally, debugging tools (e.g. gdb) might be a very good place to start. Your hints for the day : run "gdb httpd" (or whatever binary is used to start it, make sure you use the BINARY and not an init script), and then at the gdb prompt, enter "run -X" - this starts the binary in a single-instance mode. Point the browser to it and generate the "errors". Then type "bt" to get a back trace. Outside of that and looking at the patches, I am unable to help.

Joe

Thanks for the hints, I'll do that!

- Fabio Zund