On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 14:45, Sam Carleton <scarle...@miltonstreet.com> wrote:
> I do develop Apache Modules which is why I thought to ask this question
> here...
>
> I run a micro ISV out of my home and I only have one external IP address.  I
> need to have some services on Apache and others on IIS.  How would I pull
> this off since I only have one external IP address?  My thought is create a
> custom mod_proxy that will redirect some URL's from the public facing Apache
> to the internal IIS.  Is this the correct approach or is there an approach
> that does not require actual development?

Can't you create two virtual hosts or two locations on your apache,
one of them handling requests and the other forwarding them to IIS?

Something like

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName apache.my-domain.org
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *>
ServerName iis.my-domain.org
ProxyPass / http://internal-IP-of-IIS-server/
</VirtualHost>

and you register apache.my-domain.org and iis.my-domain.org as having
the same IP address in the authoritative nameserver of my-domain.org.

or
<Location /apache>
</Location>
<Location /iis>