On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 08:48, Jaysingh
Samuel<jayasingh.sam...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Please help me out in this.
> I have Name based virtual host and i place lots of directives from which my
> modules takes input. Because of adding these directives i face memory leak..
> The httpd memory size gets increased on every graceful restart..
> My virtual host looks like this.
> <VirtualHost *:80>    ServerName click.xyz.com    ServerAlias t1.xyz.com
>  xyzApache                         abc apachedefCookieName         def
> apachezxyCookieName         zxy
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Please let me know why the graceful restarts is not cleaning up memory on the
> virtual hosts and ways to prevent memory leaks.
> Thanks, Jaysingh Samuel

Each graceful restart apache runs the pre- and post-config callbacks
as well as the callbacks associated to the configuration hooks.

Check that you do not have malloc's and new's in those callbacks.

The same applies to other resources like shared memory segments,
semaphores, application specific threads, etc.