On 1 Jun 2010, at 10:39, Andrew Godziuk wrote:

> I'm wondering if it's possible for an Apache module to change global
> config structures.

Basically, no, not without a restart.  Though there are some aspects of
configuration you can change on the fly.

> What I want to achieve is injecting new vhosts without Apache restart.
> Of course I'm aware that the changes would fully take effect after all
> workers have recycled, but for me - it's still better than a restart.

There are some similar modules around.  Someone already said
mod_vhost_alias, but I'd also point you at mod_vhost_dbd as an
example that may be nearer to what you want if your needs are
sufficiently complex to demand a new module.

--
Nick Kew