On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 08:11:33 -0700 (PDT)
alin vasile <alinachegal...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I would like to write an httpd module with output filters to record when a
> client sends the first byte of an HTTP request and when send the last.

Your problem is that you're trying to use filters at a level in the
chain where there is no request, only a connection.  If you want to
measure requests, you'll have to work inside the HTTP protocol filter.
(That is, inside as in between the protocol filter and the handler).

Otherwise for a big overhead you could record it as a datestamped
bytestream, and then reconstruct HTTP requests from the bytestream.
That could be done outside apache.

--
Nick Kew