Hello All,

I have build an Apache module on windows platform using Visual Studio 6.0.
I compiled it using Release and Win32 mode (all the default with apache).
The module works absolutely fine when run with apache on windows.

When I am placing the module on Linux Fedora Core 9 and starting apache,
it gives me following error:

Starting httpd: httpd: Syntax error on line 993 of
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load
/etc/httpd/modules/mod_log_post.so into server:
/etc/httpd/modules/mod_log_post.so: invalid ELF header

Can anyone help me pointing out the problem?

What I think is that I will have to compile the module once on linux
environment. If this is the case, it would be great if anyone can suggest
good link for compiling and creating modules on Linux machine.

Thanks and Regards
- Sachin Jain.
Research Assistant,
Information Systems Department,