On 06/22/2012 12:17 PM, Jodi Bosa wrote:
excellent - that worked!

     tmpBucket = APR_BUCKET_NEXT(b);
     newBucket = apr_bucket_immortal_create("", (apr_size_t )0, bucketAlloc);
     APR_BUCKET_INSERT_BEFORE(tmpBucket, newBucket);
     apr_bucket_delete(b);

But I'm surprised I haven't seen this in other modules - am I that unique
in deleting an entire bucket??

You're not the only one who removes buckets. I delete buckets in one of my output filters. If you need the filters to still be called with an empty brigade, the create/insert/delete technique should guarante it's not an empty brigade, even though there is no data.

My thoughts are that if a brigade is empty, why pass it on? You can't really parse much data when there is none to be parsed. Hence, I think they get dropped if the brigade is empty by default, but am not 100% sure on that.

Joe
--
http://www.silverhawk.net/