---- Sorin Manolache <sor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2012-06-26 03:49, oh...@cox.net wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have my small prototype module, which I implemented starting with the
> > mod_headers.c source, working.  The changes that I did to the original
> > source were to add some code in the insert_filter hook to inject an
> > additional header into the request.
> >
> > That seems to work ok with a "vanilla" Apache configuration.
> >
> > I want to be able to make my modified module work together with another
> > module, provided by Oracle (the Oracle Access Manager webgate, aka
> > "webgate").
> >
> > However, after I add the directives into the Apache httpd.conf to enable
> > the webgate, it appears that, on incoming requests, the webgate processing
> > occurs, but my code in the modified mod_headers module is not called at all
> > :(!!
> >

> > Here's the last part of my modified mod_headers.c:
> >
> > static void register_hooks(apr_pool_t *p)
> > {
> >      printf("mod_headers-jl V0.13 - use LIBCURL instead of OAM ASDK-process
> > response from callCurl\n");
> >      printf("In register_hooks\n");
> >      ap_register_output_filter("FIXUP_HEADERS_OUT",
> > ap_headers_output_filter,
> >                                NULL, AP_FTYPE_CONTENT_SET);
> >      ap_register_output_filter("FIXUP_HEADERS_ERR", ap_headers_error_filter,
> >                                NULL, AP_FTYPE_CONTENT_SET);
> >      ap_hook_pre_config(header_pre_config,NULL,NULL,APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
> >      ap_hook_post_config(header_post_config,NULL,NULL,APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
> >      ap_hook_insert_filter(ap_headers_insert_output_filter, NULL, NULL,
> > APR_HOOK_LAST);
> >      ap_hook_insert_error_filter(ap_headers_insert_error_filter,
> >                                  NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_LAST);
> >      ap_hook_fixups(ap_headers_fixup, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_LAST);
> >      ap_hook_post_read_request(ap_headers_early, NULL, NULL,
> > APR_HOOK_FIRST);
> > }
> >
> > module AP_MODULE_DECLARE_DATA headers_module =
> > {
> >      STANDARD20_MODULE_STUFF,
> >      create_headers_dir_config,  /* dir config creater */
> >      merge_headers_config,       /* dir merger --- default is to override */
> >      NULL,                       /* server config */
> >      NULL,                       /* merge server configs */
> >      headers_cmds,               /* command apr_table_t */
> >      register_hooks              /* register hooks */
> > };
> >

> > The code I added is in the "ap_headers_insert_output_filter()" function.
> >

> > I did an "export SHOW_HOOKS=1" and ran the Apache, and I see this for the
> > modified mod_headers:
> >
> > Registering hooks for mod_headers.c
> > mod_headers-jl V0.13 - use LIBCURL instead of OAM ASDK-process response
> > from callCurl
> > In register_hooks
> >    Hooked pre_config
> >    Hooked post_config
> >    Hooked insert_filter
> >    Hooked insert_error_filter
> >    Hooked fixups
> >    Hooked post_read_request

> [...]

Hi Sorin,

I posted a later msg that I've been trying do something along the lines that
you said:

"I've been doing more testing, and it appears that the insert_filter hook (the
"ap_headers_insert_output_filter()" function) is the only place where I can put
my code where it has access to the variables that it needs to do the processing
that I'm doing.

The problem is that if that other Oracle module is enabled in the Apache, it
runs before my code, and I can't get the insert_filter hook (my function) to
get
processed before the Oracle module "

What I've been doing is to put a dump_headers() call into various hooks that
are configured in the mod_headers, but so far, none of them have the SSL vars,
which is what my code needs.

Jim