On 06/07/2013 09:52 AM, Sean Beck wrote:
All I really need a pool for is so I have something to pass as a parameter.

I see here <https://apr.apache.org/docs/apr/1.3/group___pool_cleanup.html>that
apr_pool_cleanup_register actually takes two functions as parameters.
The one I would want is plain_cleanup, right? If I understand pools
correctly, pools are destroyed/cleaned up when the server shuts down.

Not all pools are created equally. A temporary pool may be cleaned up earlier. A request pool may be cleaned up when the request is complete. Check your cart-before-the-horse logic. If you create a temporary pool, expect it to be cleaned up when you destroy it. The pool associated with the post_config hook will be cleaned up on shutdown. I'll repeat myself again : use the one provided by the post_config hook.

Joe