proc_mutex can only be used to block on a cross process event.  It can be
used in a threaded server, but cannot be held in multiple threads, you
might use it to block in a single thread queue per-process.

Thread_mutex will not block between processes, this is used for the
mutex-per-process logic such as a across accept wait queues.

Global_mutex will block, across threads and across processes, as
appropriate.