  > Hi,
  > I have just uploaded package DBIx-MyParsePP-0.51 on PAUSE and got the
  > "Decreasing version number" error for DBIx::MyParsePP::Parser module.
  > The problem is that formerly this module used to contain embedded copy
  > of Parse::Yapp, therefore it had "acquired" the version number of
  > Parse::Yapp. It the current upload I have removed the embedded module
  > and the version of DBIx::MyParsePP::Parser became undef. Is there a
  > way to resolve this issue other than increasing the version number of
  > DBIx-MyParsePP past the one acquired from embedded code? Please find
  > the PAUSE namespace indexer report below.

It depends on what you want to achieve. Version numbers are kind of
contracts between the end user and the code. If there is not a single
user who ever relied on $VERSION="1.05" in the namespace
DBIx::MyParsePP::Parser, then there is nothing to worry about. In this
case you can ignore the message from PAUSE.

But if there is a user who relies that DBIx::MyParsePP::Parser will have
at least $VERSION="1.05", then you have to talk to them how to proceed.

If all you want is that PAUSE shuts up on the problem, you can visit
https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=reset_version . I
believe the page explains what it is doing. If not, please let us know.

Regards,
--
andreas