Please let me know what the Pylons/Paste people have to say about it.
I raised this problem before on Python WEB-SIG, where Ian Bicking and
others listen and they never commented. That issue I referenced has a
reference to the Python WEB-SIG discussion.

Anyway, since this has now come up a second time, I better make a
concrete change in mod_wsgi to flag it as an error, or somehow cope
with it. Problem is I felt that no consensus came out of discussion on
Python WEB-SIG so don't know what WSGI folks believe should be done.

Graham