2008/9/18 Santiago Aguiar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm migrating a django app from mod_python to mod_wsgi, and I'm having
> some issues. My app is installed under site-packages but I only
> include the .pyc files.
>
> When requesting a page, the wsgi script dies on an ImportError when
> importing my module. If I instead install the .py files, the problem
> goes away. Even if I just touch a __init__.py in my module dir, the
> problem goes away until I try to import a submodule...
>
> So the question is, does mod_wsgi requires to install the .py files?
> If so, why? Otherwise, any idea of what I can be doing wrong? I tried
> looking on the wiki and archives about this issue, but no I had no
> luck.

Only the WSGI script file containing the application entry point needs
to be provided as source code. This is because this isn't handled like
a normal Python module. Any other Python modules installed on
sys.path, including application modules, could technically be .pyc
files if you want.

In other words, you just can't do:

  WSGIScriptAlias / /some/path/myapp.pyc

Graham