On 20 May 2010 00:18, jinzo <matjaz.cr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First, let me appologise for double post, but mr. Neto asked me to
> post again.
> Regarding ~/.profile - I have checked it (and every other file alike),
> and I didn't find anything that would set the umask/etc.
>
> I have also tried with umask. Several times and configurations. No
> success.
> I have set the WSGIRestrictEmbedded setting now, but no changes.
> My vhost: http://dpaste.com/hold/196538/

Confirm at least what the umask setting is by using simple WSGI hello
world program:

import os

def application(environ, start_response):
    status = '200 OK'

    mask = os.umask(0)
    output = "%04o" % mask
    os.umask(mask)

    response_headers = [('Content-type', 'text/plain'),
                        ('Content-Length', str(len(output)))]
    start_response(status, response_headers)

    return [output]

My guess is that it will and the real problem is the mask that is
being created when the file is created.

The default in Python is:

  Help on built-in function open in module posix:

  open(...)
      open(filename, flag [, mode=0777]) -> fd

      Open a file (for low level IO).

If the code is explicitly passing in a mode of 0600 instead, then will
only be accessible to owner of file.

Same deal if file being created by C in extension module.

So, find the code where file is being created in the first place and
see if an explicitly mode argument is being provided which is
overriding which bits of umask would be used.

Graham