On 20 June 2010 14:40, Graham Dumpleton <graham.dumple...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there something about 'use the mailing list in future' from prior
> emails that you don't understand?
>
> On 20 June 2010 14:29, Shivek Khurana <shiv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sir, I've successfully configured wsgi with due respect to documentation
>> and it works fine.
>> I have a small problem I've been Googling around for 2 consecutive days.
>> I've set the WSGIScriptAlias to a partition in my hard drive which
>> shamelessly
>> returns a 403 forbidden error.
>> I've tried everything but nothing worked. Can you help ?
>
> You need to look at the Apache error log. If you see an error message like:
>
>  client denied by server configuration: /home/grumpy/example-1/hello.wsgi
>
> Then you are missing from your Apache configuration a section similar to:
>
>  <Directory /home/grumpy/example-1>
>  Order deny,allow
>  Allow from all
>  </Directory>

Hmmm, missed another possibility. If the Apache error log has:

  (13)Permission denied: access to / denied

and the browser possibly showing something like:

then the problem is that you have stuck the WSGI script file in a
directory which has a parent directory somewhere which isn't
searchable/readable by the Apache user. This will often occur when you
stick it in your home directory and your home directory has
permissions of drwxr-x--- instead of drwxr-xr-x.

Remember the mailing list.

Graham