The simple reality is that Python code indenting is significant. This
does not work very well when it comes to trying to embed Python code
inside of HTML. It is too easy, with editors not helping, to screw up
the indenting of the Python code and thereby break your page without
the person writing the page even realising how they have managed to
break it.

So Python being a generic programming language and not specifically
designed as a web language like PHP was, will always make code
embedding hard due to that one specific issue.

Yes PSP in mod_python did allow it, but it was still a right pain to use.

Graham