Yes, if the mod_wsgi is new enough (>= 3.4?), the exact same python is used
(mod_wsgi can only be built against one), and certain conditions I'm not
qualified to state concerning when things are configured to happen at
startup, I think).  You need to use the python-home argument to, IIRC, the
WSGIDeamonProcessGroup directive.  (WSGIPythonHome applies globally, so
it's no help.)  You need separate process groups for the two VEs, or course.

Write me privately if you need more details, I can send you the setup where
I got this working on a mod_wsgi 4.0 trunk check out last spring, when
Graham added the python-home parameter for me.

My personal website is just one of several WSGI apps running on one Apache
on my linode.

Bill