> On 18 Oct 2016, at 5:04 AM, Lennon McCartney <mccartney.ph...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I have since figured out where the issue lies. There appears to be some sort
> of conflict with the scipy.special module and mod_wsgi.
>
> On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 12:18:10 PM UTC-4, Lennon McCartney wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've written a python script that I'm attempting to import into Django. It
> works perfectly on a Windows machine and from the Django shell on the server,
> however when mod_wsgi gets involved I begin to get errors.
>
> The error received is:
>   Daemon process deadlock timer expired, stopping process 'app'.
>   mod_wsgi: Shutdown requested 'app'.
>   Exiting thread in daemon process 'app'.
>   Aborting process 'app'.
>   Truncated or oversized response headers received from daemon process 'app'
> : 'app/directory/wsgi.py'
>
> This occurs even on the homepage where the above mentioned custom script
> isn't even accessed.
>
> I've set my Apache log level to debug and it hasn't surfaced any other leads.
> I've also attempted multiple versions of mod_wsgi including 4.5.7, 4.5.6, and
> 4.2.1.

The SciPy modules will not work in Python sub interpreters. You need to force
the use of the main interpreter context. See:

http://modwsgi.readthedocs.io/en/develop/user-guides/application-issues.html#python-simplified-gil-state-api

<http://modwsgi.readthedocs.io/en/develop/user-guides/application-issues.html#python-simplified-gil-state-api>

Set the WSGIApplicationGroup directive to %{GLOBAL} as explained and see if
that helps.

Graham