> On 18 May 2018, at 9:45 am, Leonardo L. P. da Mata <barr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> after some tests I've found that, for my environment, 10 process and 3
> threads improve my throughput with >0.9 apdex  from 85 req/s to 95 req/s.
>
> but neither changing the mod_wsgi to a newer version or using event mode on
> MPM caused any significant changes on this throughput or in the average
> response time.

I wouldn't expect changing mod_wsgi version to make a noticeable difference to
throughput and response times, and the suggestion of using the latest version
is not based purely on that.

What you get in the newer mod_wsgi versions is a bunch of new timeout settings
in daemon mode which allow you to configure it so that the server can
automatically recover properly if you get hung requests, or it gets temporarily
overloaded. With the older mod_wsgi version you would be forced to manually
intervene and restart the whole of Apache to recover. In newer version you
still need to configure those settings, which right now you aren't.

Using event MPM is about two things. First is that event MPM should use less
memory than using prefork MPM. The second is that event MPM handles better keep
alive connections with browsers allowing it to handle more active browsers
sessions. Event MPM also could potentially result in less CPU usage by Apache
due to how it dynamically manages worker processes. So it is little things that
might add up and provide better overall system.