> On 12 Sep 2019, at 5:30 am, Jared Greenwald <greenwaldja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ok, so from the video there was a table of "sane"/recommended values to set
> for these apache directives.  Is there an example of this other than just
> that table?

As mentioned in the talk, they come from what mod_wsgi-express uses. So you
could pip install mod_wsgi and run mod_wsgi-express, then see what it generates
in its config. It also will make it easier to play with the values as can
change using command line options.

> Also, the values listed in the table - are those sane examples for a
> production system?

They are more sane starting defaults than the defaults you would get if
installing mod_wsgi yourself. The mod_wsgi-express variant uses them as
defaults as they have found to be better than builtin defaults to mod_wsgi. It
isn't possible to go back and change the builtin defaults cause that could
upset existing users.

> For my situation where I have a couple different environments via different
> NamedVirtualHost configs listening on different ports - would I separate
> those with different process groups?

Yes you should tailor them if necessary. See:

http://blog.dscpl.com.au/2014/02/vertically-partitioning-python-web.html
<http://blog.dscpl.com.au/2014/02/vertically-partitioning-python-web.html>
> Should there be some correlation between the number of apache threads and the
> number of mod_wsgi threads?

The Apache process/thread capacity must at least be larger than what daemon
process group requires, with extra capacity to handle static file handling at
the same time, as some request queue buffering if daemon process reach
capacity. When have multiple daemon process groups, don't just make Apache
capacity sum total of daemon processes as that is probably a waste. You need to
understand what load is like on daemon process groups to come to a reasonable
middle ground.

Another talk worth watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Erh7oHvns