If you are using Flask, you can run the Flask development server. This is a
WSGI server still, and the per request WSGI environ should still be present.

What in the WSGI environ are you expecting to see if you are already doing that
and something isn't present?

> On 15 May 2020, at 6:54 am, Mitt Frag <mseducationst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I currently have a setup where my React client interacts with a Flask backend
> which is daemonized with WSGI through Apache. The problem I have now is that
> to develop this way I have to rebuild the client which can take 1-2 minutes
> each time, Apache then picks up the build files. The reason I am forced to do
> this is because I cannot run my main server.py file just via the command line
> via
> python server.py
>
> because this file now relies on request.environ() which I assume is exclusive
> to WSGI. Ideally, I would be able to run my React application in development
> mode (takes no time at all to start-up) and would be able to run my server.py
> file using WSGI locally as opposed to via daemonizing it via the Apache
> config. Is there a way I can run WSGI locally like this? From my initial
> research it seems that I might want to download modwsgi-standalone and then
> make use of modwsgi-express?

You only need 'mod_wsgi-standalone' if for some reason you can use the system
Apache (runtime+dev packages installed). If the system Apache exists (with
those dev header files and apxs), then you can 'pip install mod_wsgi' to get
mod_wsgi-express. In other words, the 'mod_wsgi-standalone' package also
installs an Apache instance, which you don't need if you have system Apache
installed anyway.

Graham