When trying to install mod_wsgi-standalone package, since you have a failed
build from prior attempt with mod_wsgi package, use:

    pip install -U --no-cache-dir -v -v -v mod_wsgi-standalone

If that doesn't work, little that can be done if don't have root access to
install Apache system wide properly.

Note that the -v -v -v is intentional and causes pip to output more logs. I
would need to see more of the messages around where the failure occurs to
comment more about why it is failing. Most likely your system is missing other
packages that is required to build Apache.