Hi,

when I follow the documentation I get an 500 Internal Server Error.
I want to protect images (uploads by the user) from the public and other
users.

Everything works until I get to the part like in the subject described.

When I follow the documentation like "*Finally, edit your WSGI script
mysite.wsgi to tie Apache’s authentication to your site’s authentication
mechanisms by importing the check_password function:*" the provided code
gives me the mentioned 500 error and the entire website is not available
anymore. When I stick to the default code in wsgi.py it works and the
<location> part works, where I get an apache authentication dialogue.
But I guess this is not how it is suppose to work. When I type in my
credentials the 500 error shows again.

I am a python/django/apache newbie and I am stuck to this for days now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,
Marcel