Hi Erik

I would be very surprised if adding servo system would alleviate screeching
brakes as a servo just "assists" by applying additional pressure. Screeching is
normally associated with uneven wear or contamination (obviously not the case
with your completely new set). It could be misalignment though - either the
calliper being offset or the disc not running true. One other thing though -
are you getting full stopping power?- It's highly unlikely, but if the brakes
are only being pushed a small distance then the pads would rub the disc and not
actually grab it. I f this is the case, them the fault could lie with the
master cylinder. I'm not an expert in car brakes at all - although I have
stripped and rebuilt my '87 Morgan's and a few others over the years. I do
strip, bleed, rebuild Mountain Bike hydraulic brakes on a regular basis. I also
service the cars that my wife's business uses (these use a single circuit,
single disc and calliper off a moto scooter) and although simpler and smaller
the principles (and fixes) are the same.

Did the brakes screech before the rebuild? If so when was the last time that
they didn't screech? Was it prior to the car standing for a long period? Are
you sure that the cylinders are moving evenly - even after the calliper
rebuild? Is there any play in the road wheel relative to the calliper?

I really don't think that fitting a servo will solve the problem. Look
elsewhere for the cause. The servo is there to aid your right leg! (or left one
if you're driving really fast)!!

Best regards

David

David Ashworth
Director
Klarus Consulting Limited
Email:  enquir...@klarusconsulting.com
Tel:  +44 (0) 7810 155714
This email transmission is confidential and intended solely for the person or
organisation to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy, distribute or disseminate the information, or take any
action in reliance of it. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the
views of Klarus Consulting Limited. If you have received this message in error,
please do not open any attachment, but notify the sender, then delete this
message from your system. Please rely on your own virus checking systems as the
sender takes no responsibility for any damage rising out of any bug or virus
infection.