Good news!

Being bored one afternoon last week, I set about testing upgrading FastCGI
on my Moin Windows server.  Then for kicks, I decided instead to try
mod-wsgi (since it is the recommended accelerator by the Moin developers).

Much to my surprise, installing mod_wsgi is actually much easier than
upgrading/installing FastCGI for Windows. (for starters, you don't have to
create a Windows-service for FastCGI). Secondly, the performance seems to be
the same or better than FastCGI.

Given the inherent advantages of keeping on track with the developers
recommendations, I figure other Windows-admins might be interested in
switching as well.  :-)  So, I've documented the steps here:

http://moinmo.in/RickVanderveer/UpgradingFromFastCGItoModWSGI

-Rick