Hi, Chris,

I don't use many images in moin pages, but I do what you suggest in HTML
pages.  I typically use ImageMagick to create the thumbnails, these
days.  It lets me bulk convert from the commandline.  I've used it on
Linux, Windows, & OS-X.

It also has python bindings, I think, if you or someone wanted to create
a moin plugin with it.

  - George

   * George Dinwiddie *                      http://blog.gdinwiddie.com
   Software Development                    http://www.idiacomputing.com