On 3/11/16 3:15 PM, Paul Boddie wrote:

> I'm not sure if I considered this properly before, but I'm somewhat convinced
> that this is what happens now: even acl_rights_before will short-circuit the
> decision-making process.

The way I see it, "acl_rights_before" are the settings you never want anybody
to be able to change, "acl_rights_default" are the settings you normally want
applied, and #acl gets added when you need to make a page "abnormal".  It all
makes sense and works great...when it works.  ;)

I was able to get a second server set up with a bone stock install of TurnKey
Linux MoinMoin (greatest distro ever...took 15 minutes for it to be up and
running).  Using the default wiki instance, everything works as it should, so
there has to be something about the way my wiki instances got migrated over
that created this acl issue.  Next step will be to try migrating an instance
over to this test server to see what happens.  That'll be early next week
though.

Thanks again for all the help, and have a good weekend!

Chris
Chris Freemesser, Systems Administrator
University of Rochester
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences
The Center for Visual Science
Meliora Hall, Room 255
Phone:  (585)275-0786