We use the maven-build-helper plugin to add generated source- and test
folders to the eclipse build path.

E.g.
<plugin>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                <artifactId>build-helper-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>add-source</id>
                        <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>add-source</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <sources>
                                <source>
${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/annotations</source>
                            </sources>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
</plugin>

This is working perfectly except for one thing:
In eclipse there is the possibity to set the warnings/errors for those
generated source folders to ignore. The option is called "Ignore optional
compile problems".
We have quite a huge maven multimodule projects and each developer has to
go through each generated folder (~50) and set it to ignore. This is quite
cumbersome since from time to time this has to be done again (e.g. for a
new Branch which requireres a new workspace)

So now I had the idea if the maven-build-helper plugin could be extended
with an attribut / tag where this kind of information would be "transfered"
- eclipse could be adapted to set this option.
It could possibly look like this but its just an example - the naming and
location of this attribute can be different since it proably be has to be
generalized....

<plugin>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                <artifactId>build-helper-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>add-source</id>
                        <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>add-source</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <sources>
                                <source>
${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/annotations</source>
                            </sources>

*<ignoreFolderProblems>true</ignoreFolderProblems>*
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
</plugin>

Now I am interessted in your opinions - could someting like that be
feasible?