Hi,

Your analysis just misses the precise JDK version you're using: IIUC,
you're using Oracle JDK 1.7u80 = the last Oracle public release
If you used 1.7u131 (from Oracle paying support or OpenJDK), you would not
need the system property: see
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/7u131-relnotes-3338543.html "*Add
TLS v1.1 and v1.2 to the client list of default-enabled protocols"*

And of course, if you use Java 8, you don't need the option either

Regards,

Hervé