Only the ownership transfer keeps issues, watchers, stars, etc
(https://docs.github.com/en/repositories/creating-and-managing-repositories/transferring-a-repository#whats-transferred-with-a-repository).

But issue links in commits in the fork are correctly redirecting to the
original repository, so that the history is still readable and intact 👍
Example in
https://github.com/mojohaus/buildplan-maven-plugin/commit/45c2cd9be647193dacb0f3607a78cc6bca069fe3