On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 22:18, Vimal Goel wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am using Linux 8.0 and want to make it our gateway. can any body
> help me that how can do ip forwarding in linux 8.0 via iptables.
> Because Ipchains does not working on linux 8.0
>
> I have enable ip forwerding via echo "1" >
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forwerd. but still it's not work.
>
> etho - 203.122.22.170
> eth1 - 192.168.10.1
>
> I am getting proper ping response from client site to IP
> 203.122.22.170 & 192.168.10.1, when using gw eth1 ip on client side.
> but unable to ping router ip and network browsing.
>
> Kindly help me and reply me back as soon as possible.
>
> Regards,
> Vimal Goel

Hi Vimal,

        1) turn of html in your e-mail, it's offensive.

        2) There is no such thing as Linux 8.0. I asume you use
a Redhat 8.0.

        3) I hope you made a spelling error: it is "ipforwarding"
in stead of "ipforwerding". If it's not: that's your problem.

        4) Asuming you connect to the internet on the outside:
install a firewall as soon as possible. A package named firestarter
comes to mind.

Sincerely,

Jan.