Mark Lawrence wrote:
while running mon I've noticed that some processes (mainly ping.monitor,
but it has happened to http.monitor as well) get 'hung' causing further
checks on that service to not run.

I haven't actually checked the process state, but I have been checking the
length of time since the last update, and it often reaches several times
longer than the monitor interval. Doesn't always happen, but when it does
it only seems to affect one or two groups (out of about 12).

by setting the wait time on the ping to 1 second, the problem hasn't surfaced again.

Mark.